14 April, 2010

OMG OMG OMG

And add in a few !!11!!! to boot.

Some of you probably know I'm a big fan of Pioneer Woman and her photography blog (plus the amazing recipes!).  I've recently started entering photos into her photography challenges just because it's a bit fun and I enjoy seeing my photos in a new light as I go through them looking to see if anything matches that week's subject.  This week's is 'Macro'.  I entered this one of an Abraham Darby rose in our garden.

Abraham Darby


and it's one of the semi-finalists (so-to-speak) in her Group 2.  "Breathtaking" she says :)  Eeeeee!

I think the reason I'm so stoked (aside from the fact that I think it's a gorgeous photo and someone else thinks so too) is that in the last few weeks I've decided that our tastes in photos overlap only moderately and I often see photos in the Flickr pool that blow me away that don't turn up in her finalists and some that turn up that I find completely ordinary.  So me liking something is not a guarantee of her liking it by any means.  I wonder if she's been getting some flack from people about not being chosen as she's put a bit of a disclaimer in this latest post.  What a shame that she should have to, for goodness' sake it's HER competition!  Of course it's subjective.  Really, I do wonder about the asshattery that's so obvious around the internet sometimes. It seems to bring out the best and worst of people!  Anyways, I'm sooo thrilled to be in Group 2, and of course I'd be lying if I said I was completely content with that - but actually in large part I am.  Naturally I'd like to win but looking at some of the other entries I'm all "Damn, those are amazing!" so I'm stoked to be included.

6 comments:

  1. And add an OMG!!! from me - that's awesome, well done! Though thoroughly well deserved, that picture is just extraordinary! (I keep coming back to look at it a little more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy go you! Love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jacqui!!! I loves me some PDub and have wanted to enter the contests myself. Unfortunately, I never seem to take many pictures (sewing aside, that is).

    Asshattery... that's the word of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats, that IS a lovely photo! I didn't even know she was running a photo contest?!...I just go for the food!!! Maybe I should pay attention!

    Asshattery--- I agree with Fullerton, definitely the word of the day!!! I had to google it cause I thought you made it up! Farkin funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful photograph! I love flower photographs and will have to go check it out! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails